Seasonal Empties & Flash Reviews

09:00:00


Long overdue is an empties post! I recently finished quite a lot of products (pat myself on the back) due to my online project pan (the one I've been sharing) and my personal project pan (the one I've set myself personally without sharing online). 

It so happens a lot of these products are some of my favourites and I definitely would like to share my flash review on each and every one of them!


Bioderma Micellar Water (10.80£) - this is my ride or die makeup remover, it does everything I need whether taking my face makeup off or my very stubborn mascara (with a bit more effort)! I use it every single day in the morning to give me a clean complexion to put on moisturiser and follow with makeup, as well as every evening to remove the first layer of makeup on my face and my eyes. Always have at least 2 as back up! 

The Body Shop Skin Defence (16£) - is their SPF and moisturiser in one I would dare say! The texture is very lightweight which is ideal for anyone that suffers with oiliness and it sure absorbs straight away however I've always felt a burning sensation when using it therefore it took me extra long to go through it. It was ok, not my favourite so won't repurchase anytime soon, but as it gets so many killer reviews I would still recommend you trying it and see if it works for yourself! It has potential! 

Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser (62£)- I really, and I must say REALLY liked this cleanser, but... it is way too expensive for what it is! It claims to purify the skin which I can totally see it doing and since stop using it I got a few spots appearing however is nothing bad enough to make me wanna splurge the 62£ on this! I'm a strong believer that cleansers can only do so much when it takes to acne or anti ageing as they don't stay in direct contact with your skin for long enough to provide any results. But that's my opinion of course, no expert here! If it wasn't for the high price tag I would buy it in a heart beat... but secretly hoping for a sale to happen! 

Cover FX Blurring Primer (29£) - I must have mentioned this particular primer on my project pan before but since finishing it up I concluded that I don't like it as much as I thought I did! It does fill in the pores but not enough, at least for me, to justify me applying it every single day. It just felt like an extra step for not much difference at all. I would say if you have small pores you can definitely disguise them with this but you won't get the blurring effect if you happen to have slightly larger ones like myself!  

Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara (18£) - the wand is quite big and delivers some volume but clumps and flakes quite easily on me. Not impressed and most certainly won't repurchase. 

Smashbox Primer Water (22£) - has left me pleasantly surprised with its results! At first, I must confess, I didn't think it worked but once I stopped using it noticed a huge difference on the way my makeup applies and how it stays throughout the day! I mainly used it as a setting spray which helped melt the powders leaving the skin looking more natural with all those layers of highlight on top! I will definitely be coming back to this one once I finish all my other setting sprays. 

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (10£ / 30ml) - the oh so raved about setting spray... may I ask what all of you see in this? It did absolutely nothing for me... I don't understand the hype to be fair and I most certainly won't be repurchasing it either. The mist is also not my favourite sprays way too much and is quite agresive. 


Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (24£) - The oh so popular concealer, I gave it a second chance and liked it much better this time! It is definitely one that does what it promises - covers any dark circles while brightening the eye area staying all day without creasing (on me at least) but I must say it can be drying at times so most certainly wouldn't recommend if you happen to have very dry under eyes! I'll probably end up repurchasing it at some time!

Lancome Grandiose Mascara (26£) - The wand is quite funny, meant to make application easy but it just complicates. This mascara works best after opened for a few weeks and it will give a brilliant effect to the lashes - volume but most of all definition - however it flakes like crazy on me (but to be fair it is rare to find one that doesn't!). Will not be repurchasing it!

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation (29£) - One of my all time favourites I dare say! It gave me enough medium to full coverage without looking cakey as well as being very reliable no matter the condition my skin was the day I used it. It didn't cling to any dry patches not became oily on my T-zone throughout the day! I usually don't repurchase foundations because I like to try new ones all the time but it is on the list if I ever need a fool proof foundation!

Inglot HD Perfect Cover Up Foundation (23£) - Another product that was more enjoyable towards the end! It gave full coverage without looking heavy and provided an amazing canvas to work on with other products. The shade selection is quite poor on the light end of the spectrum but I can see past it as the formula is so good. Another one to the list of fool proof products!

Sunday Riley Tidal Water Cream (60£) - This moisturiser was my go to for the longest time - provides hydration without the heaviness therefore no extra oil production throughout the day! It is best for me in the summer time so I'm using something richer at the moment but one I would definitely recommend for anyone with combination but dehydrated skin!

Hourglass Veil Primer (20£ / 10ml) - It is a cult product for a reason - it just works wonders. It makes any foundation go on top like a dream however it does nothing for my pores so I still have to use a pore filling primer underneath it. It helps with oil control and prolongs longevity of the foundation. Already have a bigger one on use! 

Tarte Maneater Eyeliner (19£) - Its softness is what made me want to share it here, it does glide on like a dream but it doesn't stay long on the lower waterline. It will smudge slightly if not set with an eyeshadow of some sort but it was a treat to use while it lasted. One of the blackest pencils I've ever laid eyes on. A possible repurchase in the future. 


Phew... if you made it to the end well done to you! If there's any product you'd like to know more about do not hesitate on leaving me a comment bellow! I'll answer to the best of my knowledge! 

Have you tried any of the above? Let me know your thoughts!


You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts